Wednesday, May 27, 2009

May is almost gone!

The Kindle Edition of Emily & the Silent King is now available on Amazon. It was painful to convert the file to straight HTML for that format and lose all the page formatting and wonderful fonts I had agonized over for hours, but in its current form, the Kindle only supports a very restricted set of file types. There is a new larger format kindle that supports PDF files and I am hoping that becomes the standard.

The revised version of Devin & The Empire of Wolves has been shipped off to my editor. I should be receiving it back in a couple of weeks, which means I had better get busy on the cover for the book! I have two ideas for the cover but one may be overly ambitious with the time frame I have. I thought about hiring an artist, but after reading the lengthy copyright issues raised by doing this, I've decided to continue generating my own images.

The paperback version of Emily & The Silent King is still slowly making its way through the book scene. I am planning to do some signings and book readings locally. It has been very difficult trying to get word out and I'm trying to do everything I can. I'm very new to this self promotion process so if anyone has any advice or suggestions I would greatly appreciate them!

No comments: