It's been a long time between updates, but a lot has been going on. I've finished my revision of book one: Emily & The Silent King. I feel like I rushed the first version to print and wanted to go back and look at it once more. I didn't change the story, I just tightened up a few paragraphs, added the short story Stormhoof as a chapter and tried to fix any grammatical errors that I may have missed in the first few proofreads. I'm actively searching for a copy editor to give it the once over. I've contacted a couple of freelance candidates and I'm hopeful that I will be able to work with one of them!
In the mean time, I plan to work on the cover for the paperback edition of the book. I will probably take the hardback out of circulation until I can find a way to bring the cost down. I am hoping that the lower price of the paperback will result in more interest in the series.
I am also planning to give this blog a face lift and add some more original artwork in general. Now that Emily & The Silent King is on track for its re-release, I want to fire up my art skills and see if I can come up with some unique images and symbols for the Legends of Midralon series. I'm trying to decide what some of the iconic features of the land are and to come up with a visual reference.