Sunday, January 25, 2009

Paperback nearing completion!

I'm thrilled about the upcoming release of the paperback version of Emily & The Silent King! It looks like I will be able to bring the price down and make it more affordable! I'm sitting at my home computer now, waiting for test renders on the new book cover to finish. I'm using the new Vue 7 Infinite software package and it's taking me a while to get up to speed on it. I really like how the renders are turning out though! It will be a big step up from the plain cover of the hardback edition. It features one of the prominent supporting characters from the first book!

I may post a picture of the cover as I get closer to releasing it. We'll see how much free time I get to work on the cover. The editor should have my novel back to me within a week or so and I'd like to have the new cover ready to go by then. I am curious to see how easy the whole publishing process will be with Amazon's Createspace versus Lulu. I'm hoping it goes much smoother for me this time around.

On a completely unrelated note, I picked up the DVD version of Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. It's not bad for a very low budget short musical. Neil Patrick Harris is great as the title character and Joss Whedon (and his brothers) did an amazing job on the songs. I definitely recommend that you check it out first chance you get, I believe the entire 3 acts were released for free on youtube, so you should be able to find them there. I would recommend the DVD though, it's cheap and there are lots of special features that are almost as good as the show itself. They actually turned the directors commentary into a musical as well (Whedon must have been VERY bored during the writers strike).

No comments: