Monday, January 26, 2009

A Mystery is Afoot at Newtek

One of the graphics applications that I am hoping to use for the art on my books and site is Newtek's Lightwave 9. It is a 3d modeling application used in many movies and tv series. I am still a novice at using it, but I find it really powerful and pretty intuitive once you get the hang of it. Anyways, they have sent me a mysterious email with a link to this site: core. The link in turn takes you to a puzzle and then to a mysterious image. So I wonder what this big announcement will be....

My VUE 7 test renders for the Emily & The Silent King paperback book cover are coming along. I'm trying to find a way to get the quality I want without having render times of 241 hours! It's a long process, tweaking settings and testing. I am still reading up on some of the settings trying to decide if I need them or how they will even look once printed. Wish me luck!

No comments: